- Principal Embedded Software Engineer at Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- San Diego, California, United States
- Consulting Principal Software Engineer at Qualcomm
- Senior Manager and Principal Engineer at Irvine-based defense contracting company
University of North Texas, Master’s Degree, Computer Science
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc.
February 2018 – Present(1 year 8 months)Greater San Diego Area
• Embedded medical device firmware development for electroporation during vaccine transfection – for cancer treatment • Low level hardware interfacing • High voltage pulse generation using STM32L496 processor and device monitoring. • Use of Keil IDE, STM CubeMx, hardware tools logic analyzer, oscilloscope • C++/C, Drivers: SPI, ADC, DAC, DMA, Timers. Laird Classic Bluetooth and BLE • Platform: RTOS, Bare metal, Windows.
Consulting Principal Software Engineer
January 2017 – February 2018(1 year 1 month)Greater San Diego Area
• Wayland graphics sub-driver with native EGL and WSI for Vulkan graphics. • Display system with weston compositor for Freebox setop box. • Video broadcast (like Google TV) on Android and embedded linux platform.
Senior Manager and Principal Engineer
Irvine-based defense contracting company
March 2015 – January 2017(1 year 10 months)Irvine, California
• Video analytics – Security software for government infrastructure, mass transit, law enforcement. • Email and mobile messaging text application w/ SMTP. • Gstreamer RTSP client and RTSP server. • Image processing with OpenCV, Machine learning • Video analytics deployment at airport, amtrak • Business program for overseas customer.
Principal Software Engineer
February 2007 – September 2014(7 years 7 months)
• Android platform – connectivity (~3 years: most recently) Technical lead with responsibility for host-side Bluetooth SW. – Linux kernel driver, host-side Bluetooth power & performance optimization. – Host-side Bluetooth stack, HAL layer and vendor specific library interface – Bluetooth profile such as A2DP, OPP, AVRCP, HSP – Bluetooth and Wi-Fi co-existence, MAC Layer – Use of debug tools: sniffer, UART bus analyzer, snooping, JTAG Debug. – System-level triage for defect flow and resolution. Project planning. • Mobile multimedia SW (2007 – 2011: 4 years) – Technical lead for tuning of camera and ISP (image signal processing) module using SMIA sensors for Broadcom customers. – On-site training of Nokia engineers and their contractors at their factory campus in Tampere, Finland for tuning of digital camera and ISP (image signal processing) pipeline HW embedded in Broadcom’s chipset – ISP and camera fundamentals and hands-on specific tuning methodologies applied for embedded ISP Si. Camera and multimedia defect capture & resolution – debug using complex tool chain. – Open Max codec components software integration to customer phone. • Project Lead for MTP (Microsoft’s media transfer protocol); its cross-platform porting and integration to Broadcom’s (big-endian) platform using its 2152 chipset with DRM. OMA DRM. International team training for follow up product development and customer support for on-site integration and resolution of issues. • Patent filings through Broadcom’s patent office.
August 2005 – February 2007(1 year 6 months)Santa Monica, Ca
Media Player for Mobile IP TV, and Dynamic User Interface (UI), content streaming. Play4Sure, Napster certifications.
Software project lead
August 2004 – June 2005(10 months)
Media Player Engine R&D for embedded Linux and windows based platforms. IOT certification support for customer. • Texas Instruments at its Wireless Center in San Diego and in India.; User-interface (UI) development on TI’s CDMA handset, VoIP Gateway development.
Principal Software Engineer
December 2001 – March 2003(1 year 3 months)
Video codec SoC development: C-Model hw/sw co-verification of Pulsent’s object-based video codec technology. Algorithm development & hw-sw co-verification using Xtensa. • COM21 Inc., Milpitas, CA [1+ yr] – Systems Engineering Manager in Wireless Group Project and software lead for R&D of fixed broadband wireless in MMDS band using
Systems Engineering Manager
June 2000 – October 2001(1 year 4 months)
Software manager and lead for R&D of fixed broadband wireless in MMDS band using COM21’s HFC cable infrastructure system and transverters. Headend & cable modem.
Senior Member of Scientific Staff and software team lead
April 1995 – June 2000(5 years 2 months)
R&D in Base Station Controller [BSC] of Mobile Switching Center in a Cellular Wireless with CDMA technology such as hand-off etc. on CDMA network. • IBM Personal system division in Boca Raton, FL [~4 years] as consultant for
Advisory Programmer Analyst
September 1991 – March 1995(3 years 6 months)
Operating system R&D for PC: DOS, Core software development in OS/2 Warp, Workplace OS.
University of North Texas
Master’s Degree, Computer Science
1988 – 1991
Regional Engineering College, Kurukshetra University
B.Sc (Engineering) Honors, Electronics and Communication Engineering
1972 – 1977
Skills & Expertise
- Machine learning
- Camera tuning
- Project Management
- Gstreamer RTSP
- Embedded Software
- Embedded Linux
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Vision OpenCV
- Embedded Systems
- Multimedia Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Agile Methodologies
- Software Development