Najah Fattaleh, CPA
- CPA at MIVIP
- Los Angeles, California, United States Accounting
- Auditor at SIMPSON & SIMPSON, LLP
- Senior Accountant at Fassenfelt, Leach & Feist Accountancy Corp.
California State University-Northridge, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Accounting
Accounting Manager – CPA
miVIP Surgery Centers
August 2014 – Present (5 years 2 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
• Oversee recording of cash receipts for ten surgery centers and over twenty clinics. • Oversee bank reconciliation for over forty checking, investment and savings accounts. • Coordinate with the billing/collection departments to account for all cash receipts. • Oversee the recording of all related revenue journal entries and adjustments. • Oversee cash disbursements of the company and posting of credit cards purchases for all surgery centers and clinics. • Reconcile various balance sheet accounts such intercompany accounts, cash, accounts receivable and other liabilities accounts for all surgery centers and clinics. • Prepare accurate and timely monthly journal entries and year end closing entries. • Ensure of accurate and timely reporting of monthly and annual financial statements. • Provide required training and support to staff. • Analyze the department work and apply new practices in order to provide tight deadlines. • Support the controller for all projects needed and banking requirements. • Prepare various reports as required by the CFO. • Coordinate with auditors to provide all of audit requests and ensure of a timely audit.
SIMPSON & SIMPSON, LLP
September 2012 – May 2014 (1 year 8 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
• Performed financial audit, single audit (OMB Circular A-133), and compliance audit for government and non-for-profit organizations. • Performed fieldwork and interviews to obtain documentation related to the audit. • Tested accounting records to determine compliance with grants and objectives. • Determined the extent of test work required in an audit and selected transactions to be tested. • Performed various procedures to verify the validity of client’s financial records. • Assessed the risk in account balances and determined materiality. • Experienced in preparing of working papers. • Determined the reasonableness of liability account balances such as accrued liabilities, accounts payable, bonds, notes, and contracts payable. • Tested cash receipts and disbursements, subsequent events, and examined supporting documents. • Experienced in written explanations for test work and findings. • Built client relationships and maintained smooth work relationship.
Fassenfelt, Leach & Feist Accountancy Corp.
2003 – 2010
• Performed all phases of accounting for businesses in various industries and high net worth clients. • Prepared financial statements and comparative financial statements and analyzed variances. • Reconciled balance sheet accounts and general ledger accounts. • Ensured the accuracy of bank account reconciliation. • Prepared monthly and quarterly adjusting journal entries. • Prepared month-end and year-end closing entries. • Prepared federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships. • Researched tax issues; ensured completeness and accuracy of all working and supporting tax documents. • Prepared payroll and filed federal and state payroll tax returns for small businesses. • Prepared business licenses, property tax, sales tax and 1099/1096 forms. • Dealt with taxing authorities to resolve tax matters and issues. • Analyzed financial information that supports the clients’ goals and objectives. • Handled the clients’ needs, gathered information and answered their questions on various matters. • Ensured compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
California State University-Northridge
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Accounting
Skills & Expertise
- Journal Entries
- Tax Preparation
- Prosystem fx
- Financial Statements
- Income Tax
- 10 Key
- Variance Analysis
- General Ledger
- Microsoft Word
- Advanced Excel
- Account Reconciliation
Certified Public Accountant
California Board of Accountancy, License