- Senior Product Designer at Movies Anywhere – Disney
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Digital Designer at Disney Consumer Products and Interactive
- Graphic Design Professional Intern at Disney Interactive
Loyola Marymount University, Bachelor of Arts (BA), Graphic Design
Senior Product Designer
Movies Anywhere – Disney
April 2018 – Present(1 year 6 months)Burbank, CA
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive
March 2015 – March 2018(3 years)Glendale, CA
Created UX, UI, and art direction for apps and digital content platforms. • Lead the Product Design of the Oh My Disney! Video platform for mobile and OTT. Collaborated with ad ops team and engineers to develop an optimal User Experience for generating ad-based revenue. • Designed the UX and UI for Disney LOL’s “Selfie” app feature, which doubled UGC submissions and boosted ad impressions. • Lead the User Experience strategy for the Disney Kids platform including competitive analysis, prototyping, and art direction. • Created a process of prototyping and usability review that was adopted as best practice for our division’s app development teams.
Graphic Design Professional Intern
June 2014 – March 2015(9 months)Glendale, CA
Designed UI, gave art direction, and created graphics for Disney’s mobile games and websites. • Created UI designs and game art for Cinderella: Free Fall from its initial concept to final execution. Responsibilities included building out the interfaces, providing direction on user experience and art style, and determining interactive properties of the game elements. • Re-designed the game art and UI of Disney’s top-grossing mobile game Frozen: Free Fall. • Provided art direction and designed the logos and app icons for Marvel mobile games. • Created award assets for 12 game titles on the Steam store including Toy Story 3 and Cars 2.
Junior Art Director (Freelance)
Art Machine – Trailer Park
March 2014 – April 2014(1 month)Hollywood, CA
• Produced creative for theatrical Home Entertainment packaging, store displays, and promotions. • Designed and pitched Rio 2 DVD full sleeve designs to Twentieth Century FOX. • Created point of sale display mechanicals for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
Graphic Designer (Freelance)
Konami Digital Entertainment
December 2013 – March 2014(3 months)El Segundo, CA
• Produced promotional designs, card packaging, and convention displays for Yu-Gi-Oh!. • Designed interactive game booths and signage used at San Diego Comic Con 2014. • Created international posters, character cutouts, and packaging mechanicals for quarterly product launches. • Designed web page layouts feauturing new Yu-Gi-Oh! products on the company website.
Merchandise Production Intern
May 2013 – November 2013(6 months)Culver City, CA
• Designed app interfaces, web ads, and merchandise for our agency’s diverse clients. • Apparel designs for Angry Birds launch were selected for international sale. • Created interface design comps to improve usability of our E-Commerce software. • Worked within our Content Management System to showcase merchandise design offerings online for clients such as FOX, Dreamworks, and Universal Music Group.
Theatrical Print Intern
The Cimarron Group
May 2012 – August 2012(3 months)Hollywood, CA
Produced creative for a variety of entertainment advertising campaigns including Partners television release on CBS, My Amityville Horror documentary, and the MGM Grand Hotel Sanya.
Assistant Program Coordinator
February 2012 – June 2012(4 months)Venice, CA
Organized and promoted digital arts workshops for underserved youth.
Art Is Our Passion
October 2006 – August 2009(2 years 10 months)Agoura, CA
Taught fine art and design skills to students of all ages.
Skills & Expertise
- Packaging Artwork
- Graphic Design
- Web Graphics
- Art Direction
- Logo Design
- Digital Illustration
- Branding & Identity
- Technical Drawing
- Oil Painting
- Interaction Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Visual Communication
- User Interface Design
- Adobe Design Programs
- Information Graphics
- User Experience
Honors & Awards
Outstanding Scholar in Studio Arts
Garland Kirkpatrick, Interim Chair of Studio Arts
This award is presented to the graduating senior who has achieved the highest grade point average in the Studio Arts major.
ARTsmart Senior Service Award
ARTsmart Director Terry Lenihan
Presented to those graduating seniors who have excelled as leaders in the ARTsmart art education and mentoring program during their time at Loyola Marymount University.
Kalin Hart Talbott Art Scholarship Recipient
ARTsmart Director Terry Lenihan
This scholarship is awarded to the volunteers who have contributed the most to the ARTsmart art education and mentoring program through Loyola Marymount University.
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Team Leader and Art Instructor
September 2011 – May 2013(1 year 8 months)Education
• Taught art and design lessons to underserved youth. • Created art lesson plans for elementary and middle school levels. • Acted as liaison between mentoring group and faculty.