G. Simone Clay
- Illustrator, Graphic Designer and Independent Writer
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Graphic Design
- Packaging Development Coordinator at Sugar Foods Corporation
- Graphic Designer at Dorothy C. Thorpe llc,.
California State University, Northridge, Bachelor of Arts, Art
Senior Graphic Designer
September 2007 – Present(12 years 1 month)Greater Los Angeles Area
Packaging Development Coordinator
Sugar Foods Corporation
March 2004 – September 2007(3 years 6 months)Sun Valley, CA
• Developed relationships with vendors, graphic houses and customer to insure artwork needs, status, and approvals. • Notified internal staff on progress of projects to completion. • Created/manipulated graphics according to customer’s specification, and obtained all necessary approvals. • Reviewed proofs for compliance with legal and company requirements. • Maintained physical and electronic artwork files. • Verified updates to internal computer system.
Dorothy C. Thorpe llc,.
April 2000 – March 2004(3 years 11 months)Pacoima, CA.
• Designed and prepare camera-ready art for promotional pieces. • Coordinated production of activity to meet deadlines and manage last minute production decisions. • Interfaced with top management concerning layout. • Operated Macintosh computer and order supplies for art department.
June 1996 – April 2000(3 years 10 months)Pacoima, CA.
• Illustrated measured drawings and prepared camera ready art for evacuation exit routes and interior/exterior signage. • Set-up and teardown of darkroom and film processing. • Procession of work orders (including data entry/typesetting), digital art clean-up/recreation.
California State University, Northridge
Bachelor of Arts, Art
1992 – 1996
golden west high
Diploma, College prep
1985 – 1989
Native or bilingual proficiency
Skills & Expertise
- Graphic Design
- Creative Direction
- Art Direction
- Logo Design
- Customer Service
- Corporate Branding
- Marketing Strategy
- Web Design
- Social Media Marketing