- Freelance Visual Designer at Edward Worden
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Graphic Design
- Independent Contractor at Syntergy
- Graphic Designer at Skeleton Key Mfg.
California State University, Long Beach, BFA, Illustration, Design, Bio-medical Illustration
Freelance Visual Designer
May 2008 – Present(11 years 5 months)
• Graphic Design • Digital and Print • Web and Interactive • User Experience (UX) • Illustration • Production
October 2015 – October 2017(2 years)Greater San Diego Area
• Data Migration management as part of a large team. • Building of Project Sites and Subsites (URL and database). • Import/Export data and File transfer Protocol via Syntergy product. • Creation of Access Permissions and Governance via Syntergy product for an American global aerospace and defense technology company.
Skeleton Key Mfg.
September 2013 – July 2016(2 years 10 months)Greater San Diego Area
• Creation of materials for social media presence. • Work with existing graphic material to create animations and interactive media.
User Experience Designer
The Barbary Company
December 2012 – December 2015(3 years)Greater Los Angeles Area
• Under the CEO/Senior Designer to see all concepts to completion in a web-based environment. • Work directly with the company’s CEO, whom is also the Senior Designer to collaborate and produce graphic content for a large market of corporations. • Develop ecommerce solutions across digital platforms for B2B and B2C through digital design and re-branding methods.
User Experience Designer
Lever Your Business Inc. (WeWOOD, Hey Dude)
June 2014 – June 2015(1 year)Hollywood, CA
• Design both online and print collateral for sales material, social media marketing, and multinational communications. • Creation & management of graphic elements, digital ads, social media, & web design for eCommerce. • Manage raw file libraries and optimize media for production of content to be used throughout the company. • The first-and-last line between creative director and the post-production team. • Take direction from the CFO in maintaining brand identity and communicate with the international production team. • Manage multiple design, marketing, and social media projects simultaneously every day in a fast-paced environment.
January 2010 – April 2013(3 years 3 months)San Francisco, CA
• Provide fill-ins on print work in order to allow Mr. Giant the ability to produce multiple creative projects at a time. • Hands-on assistance at the early stages of project creation. • Arrange, post, archive photographic content for up-to-date website maintenance. • Update the SKULLZ PRESS and Mikegiant.com websites of new photographic, informative, and artistic content. • Creative editing of visual content for SKULLZPRESS.com and Mikegiant.com • Assist in the setting up and removing gallery shows and live-art exhibitions.
January 2010 – May 2011(1 year 4 months)San Francisco, CA
• Manage content – all things print, online, free, and for sale. Mike Giant collaborative zines and promotional collateral sold at SKULLZ PRESS exclusively.
July 2010 – December 2010(5 months)San Francisco, CA
• Create artwork for web content on REBEL8.com • Maintain a working organization of all Fine Art and brand content to be used for print and Brand Management. • Create tech packs for the production of apparel and accessories. • Research and development of new trends, ideas, and concepts for upcoming projects. • Streamline production for each season’s clothing line. • Research and develop ideas for industry-standard production of apparel and related products.
California State University, Long Beach
BFA, Illustration, Design, Bio-medical Illustration
2002 – 2008
Activities and Societies
Society of Student Illustrators (SSI)
Skills & Expertise
- Graphic Design
- Art Direction
- Sustainable Design
- Logo Design
- Concept Development
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Marketing Strategy
- Product Marketing
- Book Design
- Brand Development
- Social Media Marketing
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Flag Football coach
San Diego Unified School District
2000 – 2001Children
Trees for the Future
Planting trees for reforestation.
Planting trees to help restore areas that have been affected by wildfires.
Causes Edward cares about:
- Arts and Culture
- Science and Technology