- Associate Interaction Designer at Entertainment Partners
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Higher Education
- Teacher Assistant of User Experience Course at University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering
- Front Office Coordinator — Media Arts + Practice Department at University of Southern California
University of Southern California, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Media Arts and Practice; Mobile App Development
Associate Interaction Designer
October 2018 – Present(1 year)Greater Los Angeles Area
Teacher Assistant of User Experience Course
University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering
December 2016 – May 2018(1 year 5 months)University of Southern California
• Provided UX resources for students to explore like Dribbble, Medium, etc. • Taught new prototyping tools through tutorials to the class • Developed a trustworthy relationship with the professor and students and earned a good reputation for delivering exceptional help by grading, offering feedback, and recording attendance • Provided on-site support for all students with any questions or software troubleshooting
Front Office Coordinator — Media Arts + Practice Department
University of Southern California
September 2014 – May 2018(3 years 8 months)School of Cinematic Arts
• Scheduled video conference and board meetings for faculty • Organized the division’s database of videos, books, etc. • Assisted in setting up and tearing down division wide galleries and speaker events • Answered calls regarding information about the program, the professors, and the school • Promptly responded to general inquires from staff and students via telephone, mail, email, and in person • Developed highly empathetic relationships with faculty and earned reputation for delivering exceptional service Key Skills: Attentiveness, Clear Communication, Organized, Reliable Tools Used: Excel, Calls
Product Design Intern
June 2017 – August 2017(2 months)Santa Monica
• Worked with Project Managers to implement designs that are adapted in 192 countries, translated to 43 languages, and used by 32k + users • Translated product strategy, customer insight, analytics, and executive direction into successful redesigns of the new insight page for admins and project owners of Walgreens, Xerox, Hyatt, etc. • Combined Cornerstone’s backend with Saleforce’s visual guidelines to create an integrated learning platform • Modified and updated brand’s colors to align with 508 Standards for visual accessibility • Documented mobile and motion guidelines into the Product Style Guide and UI Kit
Digital Producer Intern
Dress A Med, LLC.
May 2016 – August 2016(3 months)Los Angeles
• Produced visual content–animations, documentaries, social media posts, blogs, photo albums for the launch of Dressamed’s new younger campaign for college students • Directed photoshoots and commercials for Dressamed’s new line • Researched and provided analytics for social media trends Key Skills: Patience, Problem solver, Flexible Tools Used: Camera, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress **About Dress A Med, LCC.:** Since 1980, we at Dress A Med have been designing, manufacturing and distributing the highest quality medical apparel. We take pride in our superior quality and our extra attention to design and functionality, which places us above the bar in our industry. Our Customer Service teams work 5 days a week to retail customers in stores or online. Dress A Med readily produces private labels to meet any staff size around the world. While we are often imitated, but there’s no company in the business that does it like us. Whether you’re a medical professional, clinic owner or Vice President, we’re at your service and guarantee satisfaction in our products.
Graphic Designer Intern
May 2015 – August 2015(3 months)New York City
• Designed market posters in alignment with each client’s UI Kit • Worked on multiple projects at all times • Created live mockups for all posters and window displays for final confirmation with clients like Veuve Clicquot and Mount Gay Distilleries
Event Marketing Intern
September 2013 – June 2014(9 months)New York City
She coordinates gala events with the Assistant Director. She is also in charge of multiple social media platforms to promote the event. She is highly comfortable working at a non-profit organization.
University of Southern California
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Media Arts and Practice; Mobile App Development
2014 – 2018
Media Arts and Practice is an interdisciplinary program that combines the study of contemporary digital media with hands-on production across multiple platforms (video, interactivity, 3D design and more). MA+P students are part of a dynamic community of designers, technologists, storytellers and activists who want to harness the power of digital media and emerging technologies to make the world a better place.
Activities and Societies
Alpha Delta Chi Design For America World Vision Girls in Tech Christian Challenge
Studio Art Centers International
Design and Applied Arts
2016 – 2016
She directly accesses centuries of Italian culture through a wide range of courses of academic excellence. SACI engages in leading areas of research and exploration, interacts with the community through artistic and social programs, and prepares her to excel in her chosen field.
High School Institute, Cinematography and Film/Video Production
Native or bilingual proficiency
Professional working proficiency
Limited working proficiency
Wall of America
This is the wall of America. The boxes signify structure, stability but at the same time embody the idea of incompleteness or in construction. The dates projected, some more known than others, are historical events that marked a change in America. America is a country that has overcome obstacles and in the works of doing so. This project was chosen and is featured in a gallery called Carta Vetra in Florence, Italy.
Team Members (1):
Team Members (1):
Skills & Expertise
- Event Planning
- Video Editing
- Data Analysis
- Final Cut Pro
- Mobile Interface Design
- Critical Thinking
- Adobe Illustrator
- Travel Photography
- Microsoft Excel
- Public Speaking
- Design Thinking
- Web Development
- User Experience Design
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Digital Media
- Social Media
- Microsoft Word
- Responsive Web Design
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- User Interface Design
- Web Design
- User Experience
- Adobe Photoshop
- CPR Certified
Honors & Awards
1st place watercolor portrait
Bergen Catholic Arts Festival
1st place Bergen Catholic Arts Festival Printweek 2012 Poster Contest- 1st place (January 17, 2012-January 23, 2012) Gold Quoin 2012 (Academy for Visual and Performing Arts) presented in recognition of “dependability, reliability, persistence and diligence, sense of community, creativity, craftsmanship and going above and beyond the minimums.” yearbook ISTF Project 1st Place—Technology Design (Jan 2011) Scholastic Art and Writing Honorable Mention (2013) American Scholastic Press Association-3rd place for Yearbook Team (2013)
Gold Quoin 2012
Academy for Visual and Performing Arts
presented in recognition of “dependability, reliability, persistence and diligence, sense of community, creativity, craftsmanship and going above and beyond the minimums.”
Technology Design 1st Place
Yearbook Team 3rd place
American Scholastic Press Association
In charge of the 2012-2013 yearbook book and responsible for educating under classmates in working with Photoshop and InDesign programs.
Scholastic Art and Writing Honorable Mention
Honorable Mention for Art Portfolio
Steven and Alexandra Cohen
A Cohen Scholar since 2016. The Steven & Alexandra Cohen Foundation has donated $5 million to the USC School of Cinematic Arts to provide need-based scholarships to qualified undergraduates with significant financial struggles. “The importance of Steve and Alex’s generous gift cannot be overstated, given our objective to make a cinematic arts education possible for every deserving student who has the creative vision and voice to become an innovative mediamaker,” said SCA Dean Elizabeth M. Daley. “We are tremendously grateful for their support.” The donation marks the single-largest gift the school has ever received for student support and will create the Steven & Alexandra Cohen Fund for Student Support. The fund will provide financial assistance for cost of attendance to 15 to 25 undergraduate Cohen Scholars — qualified students across all of the undergraduate degree programs at SCA — who were awarded this fall. The hope is that the scholarship program will also encourage high school students, who might have thought an SCA education was beyond their means, to apply. “We are excited to help the School of Cinematic Arts provide greater opportunities to students in need,” said Alexandra Cohen. “We hope that the Cohen Scholars will bring a diversity of voices to the next generation of storytellers and creative influencers in their chosen area of interest within the School of Cinematic Arts.”
James Dyson Award Winner
James Dyson Foundation
The James Dyson Award is an international design award that celebrates, encourages and inspires the next generation of design engineers. The Award is open to current and recent design engineering students. It’s run by the James Dyson Foundation, James Dyson’s charitable trust, as part of its mission to get young people excited about design engineering.
University of Southern California
Undergraduate students at USC have the flexibility to pursue academic study in disparate fields. This curricular freedom allows students to select a major and a minor (or two majors) in widely separated fields of study. USC has a comprehensive array of undergraduate majors and minors that span the arts and humanities, the social and natural sciences, and the professions. In fact, the range of undergraduate minors is the broadest of any university in the country. To recognize students who excel in two or more unrelated disciplines, the University has established the Steven and Kathryn Sample USC Renaissance Scholars distinction. The honor was endowed in the name of former University President Steven Sample, who founded the distinction in 2000, and his wife Kathryn, upon the President’s retirement in 2010. Undergraduates can combine a major in history with a minor in business, or a major in engineering with a minor in cinema, or a double major in physics and classics, or majors and minors in scores of other pairs of disparate fields. The objective is not just to be well rounded but rather to achieve breadth with depth, and the extraordinary release of intellectual energy that often occurs when two widely separate fields of thought are brought together in the same mind. Students educated in this way will be especially well prepared to confront the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century. All USC undergraduates are encouraged to pursue this honor.
Alpha Delta Chi
In charge of hosting events between different houses. These events include volunteering at different organizations like Troy Camp.
Design for America
DFA Project Manager
September 2015 – Present
As the big-picture coordinator for project teams, the Studio Project Manager must keep a pulse on the long and short-term activities of project teams. Liaison with Team Leads to ensure project alignment with studio mission and deliverable timeline Set weekly goals/deliverables unique to each team and follow up each week on progress and next steps Set up structure for teams to document their progress (either digital or analog) and enforce documentation! Keep accountability with team leads Collect dues, contracts, etc. (Fall 2016– Assign team to set up DFA’s Student Union Account) Liaise with DFA nationals on cohort calls, DFA studio goals, etc. Hold exit interviews at the end of the semester. Renew Applications for Membership and Leadership for the following semester. This summer I will attending the Leadership Conference in Chicago.
National Art Honor Society
2012 – 2014
In charge of organizing fundraisers and informing the public of any current art events.
KSA Freshmen Dance Off
2014 – Present
4 hours of practice each week and 8 hours per day as competition draws near.
Volunteer Experience & Causes
President and Senior Advisor
Design for America
January 2016 – Present(3 years 9 months)Civil Rights and Social Action
• Provided long term vision and everyday direction for the studio’s culture, community impact, and mission • Taught user-center design to the new recruits bi-annually • Managed teams of designers, engineers, and entrepreneur throughout the design process • Invited working professionals like UX designers or entrepreneurs as mentors and advisors • Trained new leaders and provided mentorship for executive board Split It is a featured DFA project of Fall 2015. https://dorpeng.squarespace.com/#/splitit
Bergen County Academies
2012 – 2014Arts and Culture
Yearbook Editor (Sept 2010 – Present) Assistant Stage Manager/Art Director (December 2011 – February 2013) WBCA-TV’s Cinematographer and Editor (2012- Present) National Art Honor Society (Position: Public Relations) (2012-Present) Stage managed the play, “The King and I”. Art Director for the play, “BatBoy”.
First Presbyterian Church
2014 – Present
Designer for FPC’s Annual Christmas Charity Concerts. Designed programs, powerpoints. In charge of the aesthetics of the events and for the refreshments after. Every summer since I was 10, a group of students would travel to Taiwan to teach English at elementary and secondary schools and churches.
Causes Dorothy cares about:
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Empowerment
- Social Services