- Lead UX/UI Design Wizard ??♂️ Front-End Code Slinger ? Digital Product Unicorn ?
- Orange, California, United States
- Senior Product Designer at Vylla
- Senior User Interface Designer at loanDepot
California State University-Fullerton, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design
Product Design Lead
April 2019 – Present(6 months)
Senior Product Designer
August 2018 – April 2019(8 months)Aliso Viejo, California
• Identify, present, and implement improvements to optimize the current user experience based on consumer activity and data collected through the platform. • Develop concepts, prototypes, and design requirements for Vylla products based on user needs, business goals, and objectives • Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces. • Create working prototypes for demonstration purposes. • Identify design problems and devise solutions. • Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features. • Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs. • Design mobile, desktop and device specific experiences that are delightful and engaging. • Collaborate with stakeholders in co-creation workshops. • Present design concepts to Senior Leadership and external partners. • Gather and incorporate requirements and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
Senior User Interface Designer
November 2016 – August 2018(1 year 9 months)Foothill Ranch, California
• Designs and develops new features within the framework and standards of the enterprise • Work closely with other designers and oversees creation of user-focused interactions, leading every step, from concepts to wireframes to design mocks to prototypes all the way through to production • Collaborates throughout the lifecycle of a product, working with developers, testers, designers and product and technical teams • Builds all user interactions/experiences using HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, and JS/jQuery • Conducts reviews of how users utilize existing applications and systems. • Assists in gathering requirements for new features and applications. • Provides multiple options for interaction design and content organization. • Discovers and promotes accessibility improvements • Delivers timely ideas and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences • Works with analytics team members to verify quantitatively that applications, landing pages, and any changes are effective • Conducts usability evaluations including heuristic evaluations, one-on-one usability studies and competitive benchmarking • Participates in end user research and concept development including contextual inquiries, persona and scenario development and ideation sessions • Helps determine new standards and best practices for my team to promote flexible, non-rigid front-end production, streamlined workflows, and fast turnaround
Lead Product UX/UI Designer
August 2014 – November 2016(2 years 3 months)Laguna Hills, California
Leads the creation and implementation of unique, modern, and elegant user experiences for web based applications. This is achieved through the creation of custom front-end responsive frameworks that utilize HTML5, SASS (BEM name-spacing) and jQuery. Created and maintains brand identities. Creates visually engaging, informative, and accessible visualizations and analytical dashboards that make complex data sets easier to interpret. Works with multi repo modular development using GitHub. Creates front-end documentation.
Senior UX/UI Designer
University of California, Los Angeles
July 2013 – August 2014(1 year 1 month)
Works with clients, and a highly skilled team, to bring ideas to life in the web and native platforms. Pioneered unique custom design directions for apps and websites within the educational space. Charged with creating unique and accessible user experiences. Also in charge of front-end production of all interfaces created. Utilized Git to maintain an optimal work flow. Lead design direction within a large team of developers and worked closely with them to go above and beyond our clients needs.
August 2012 – July 2013(11 months)Tustin, CA
Works in a diversified team to maintain internal web brands in terms of front-end production engineering and design. Responsibilities include lead art direction and production on secondary internal web brands. Involved in direct mail marketing template design and production. Designs vector base logos for internal web branding.
August 2011 – 2012(1 year 2 months)
As UX/UI Designer, Dane works with clients to create digital media for web-based applications in order to provide a unique and revolutionized web presence. Works within a diversified team of developers, UX artists, and managers to deliver comprehensive and robust web applications. Significant experience working with a team with rigorous deadlines. Team utilizes the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural paradigm to organize division of labor and leverages source management technologies (Git) to facilitate collaboration.
Total Spectrum Advertising
May 2010 – June 2011(1 year 1 month)
As a Graphic Design and Social Media Coordinator, Dane designed print based media using InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Heavy experience developing client identity using current social media channels and boosting company performance by execution and integration of targeted marketing campaigns.
August 2006 – May 2008(1 year 9 months)Orange County, California Area
Assisted on professional photo shoots. Detail-oriented work involving retouching images and invoice filing. Significant experience of photo-manipulation and touchup techniques using Photoshop.
California State University-Fullerton
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design
Orange Coast Community College
Certificate of Achievement in Digital Graphic Production, Digital Media Art and Design Major
Skills & Expertise
- Portrait Photography
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
- Front-end Framework Production
- HTML 5
- MVC Architecture
- Atomic Design
- Sketch App
- Digital Photography
- Adobe Illustrator
- Team Leadership
- Object Oriented Design
- Commercial Photography
- User Experience Design
- Customer Service
- Design Management
- Social Media
- User Interface Design
- Web Design
- User Experience
- Adobe Photoshop
Digital Media Production
Orange Coast College, License
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes Dane cares about:
- Arts and Culture