- General Manager at Lumistar, Inc.
- San Diego, California, United States Aviation & Aerospace
- Operations/Project Manager at Lumistar, Inc – a Division of Kratos Defense, Inc.
- Production And Quality Manager at Lumistar, Inc. a division of Integral Systems, Inc.
San Diego State University-California State University, Bachelor’s of Science, Electrical Engineering
October 2013 – Present (6 years) Carlsbad, CA
Lumistar is a board level hardware manufacturer and complete system solution provider for range telemetry receivers. Our customers range from prime U.S. defense contractors to the commercial space flight companies and everything in between. We control all of our manufacturing and quality through internal procurement and stringent quality processes. • Oversee the Operations and Finances of a multi-million dollar Aerospace organization. • Manage all finances of the business. • Report key business metrics to executive staff. Reports include, but not limited to financial statements, cash flow, revenue projections, Sales forecast and pipeline, and Bookings. • Created workplace programs that promoted employee’s work-life balance, creating more productivity for the company and leading to 10% growth for four years in a row, and on track for a fifth year. • Assist the CEO to carry out corporate strategy and vision.
Lumistar, Inc – a Division of Kratos Defense, Inc.
March 2010 – October 2013 (3 years 7 months) Carlsbad, CA
• Oversaw the day-to-day operations of Engineering, Production/Manufacturing, System Integration, Procurement and Finance departments. • Coordinated schedules with our Production Manager and Buyer to maintain synchronization between assembly schedules and warehouse deliveries. • Held meetings between various departments to resolve design or production issues. • Reviewed Production metrics to evaluate performance. • Held meetings with Sales and Engineering to go over status of projects, designs, and orders. • Created risk mitigation plans for high risk, high expectation orders. • Created budget reports for accounting and upper level management as needed.
Production And Quality Manager
Lumistar, Inc. a division of Integral Systems, Inc.
March 2007 – March 2010 (3 years) Carlsbad, CA
• Managed a production team of eight people in the assembly and testing of board level hardware. • Planned our Production schedule to maintain on time delivery of orders. We maintained a 100% quality and delivery rating with Raytheon Missile Systems under my direction. • I created processes for the Quality Assurance department that allowed us to track yields of contract manufactured goods and in-house manufactured goods. Prior to this, yields were not tracked and metrics were not recorded or evaluated for performance. • I was the POC for audits at our facility. • Visited with vendors/suppliers for quality and site inspections to vet Quality processes and documentation. • I was the POC regarding vendor quality issues.
Systems Applications Engineer
Applied Control Concepts
January 2005 – February 2007 (2 years 1 month) Vista, CA
Applied Control Concepts (ACC) was a system integration company that provided high end rackmount server systems to government agencies. • Participated in design review meetings with Engineering. • Assisted Sales team with pre-sales and post-sales support. • Spoke directly to prospective and existing customer’s regarding the company’s abilities and provided solutions to customer requirements. • In charge of the creation of technical documents. • Technical liaison between customers and Sales during the RMA process. • Managed the RMA team and ensured RMA’s were repaired and returned in as short amount of time as possible. • Provided technical support and guidance for more difficult technical issues during the RMA evaluation and repair stage.
ICP AMERICA, INC.
2001 – 2004
• Lead the design of the “GoPC-MOBILE” from prototype to production as part of a four person team. • Used COTS parts and custom fabricated parts to construct the GoPC-Mobile prototype. • Traveled to Taiwan as the technical representative chosen by the organization. • Assisted the RMA department with issues that were beyond the technical expertise of the technicians.
San Diego State University-California State University
Bachelor’s of Science, Electrical Engineering
1995 – 2000
Master’s of Science, Engineering Management, emphasis on Project Management
2010 – 2011
Native or bilingual proficiency
Limited working proficiency
ISO 9001:2015 Registration and audit process
Being a manager that enjoys getting my hands dirty, I am currently walking with my staff through the ISO 9001:2015 registration and audit process. This journey reinforces our commitment to our customers and that we are dedicated to selling the quality of product they expect from us.
Team Members (1) :
Skills & Expertise
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Lean Manufacturing
- Systems Engineering
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Supply Chain Management
- Program Management
- Earned Value Management
- Microsoft Word
- Continuous Improvement
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Value Stream Mapping
- Business Process
- Six Sigma
- Microsoft Project
Honors & Awards
Certificate of Appreciation – Cybersecurity & DFARS 7012 Compliance for Small Business
The cybersecurity requirements from the Department of Defense have been in place for over a year and yet many small businesses are still figuring out how to interpret them and implement a plan to make sure they comply with them. This workshop focuses on clearly understanding what is actually required and, more importantly, giving small businesses a practical action plan for implementing measures and controls to ensure their compliance with DoD requirements. The workshop will cover: * How to assess your company’s risk * How to create a Plan of Action & Milestones * How and when to audit * How and when to report incidents * Pros and cons of using outside help