Jennifer Mae Tandayu
- Freelance Graphic Designer at Cobra Systems, Inc.
- Graphic Designer & Photo Editor at Friar Tux Shop
Otis College of Art and Design, Communication Arts BFA, Graphic Design
September 2006 – Present(13 years 1 month)Orange County, California Area
• Managed multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. • Assist in in-house photoshoots and edited photos. • Strategized content/approach for catalog design (STYLIST). • Logo development for “Fit Right”. • HTML reconfigurations. • Designed email blasts, flyers, posters, brochures, hangtags and labels, online banners, web ads, wedding inserts, direct mailers, seasonal campaigns, magazine ads, event marketing promotions.
January 2014 – June 2014(5 months)Temecula, CA
• Created designs for print ads, digital banners, posters, brochures, updating company website. • Addressing communication needs to the team and managers. • Presenting artwork proposals. •Administering design process from conceptual design to layout.
• Designing promo ads and company website layouts. • Weekly Newsletters and email blasts. • Editing and Photographing company products.
• Designing promo ads and logos. • New concept designs for the company and outside clients/companies. • Offline promotions (brochures). • Custom artworks. • Editing and photographing company products. • Working with the Marketing Team.
September 2006 – January 2012(5 years 4 months)Bellflower, California
• Designing ads. • Working with the production team to proof ads. • Photographed major events: fundraisers, concerts, etc. • Addressed communication needs to clients and members, verbally and in writing. • Created design solutions for various projects: brochures, flyers, posters, business cards and company website.
August 2007 – December 2007(4 months)Cypress, California
• Created the Photography Department web design for Cypress College. • Assisted students in the photography lab and studios. • Set up and cleaned the dark room chemical labs.
January 2007 – May 2007(4 months)Cypress, California
• Created brochures, flyers, calendars, drafting letters, updating department website designs and department’s information. • Clerical Office functions: Word processing, filing, telephone reception, scheduling appointments, emailing, student services and data entry.
Communication Arts BFA, Graphic Design
2008 – 2009
BFA, Graphic Design
2010 – 2013
Tri Community School of Photography
Certificate of Proficiency, Commercial/Wedding Photography
2011 – 2011
AS, Graphic Design & Physical Therapy
2004 – 2008
Activities and Societies
Tennis Team, Chamber Singers
Skills & Expertise
- Portrait Photography
- Wedding Photography
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing
- Final Cut Pro
- B&W Photography
- Creative Direction
- Concept Design
- Art Direction
- Digital Photography
- Logo Design
- Digital Illustration
- Branding & Identity
- Corporate Identity
- Adobe Acrobat
- Image Editing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Image Manipulation
- Visual Communication
- Business Cards
- Book Design
- Web Design
- Brand Development
- Information Graphics
- Adobe Bridge
- Fine Art
California State University, Fullerton
- Life Drawing
- Lettering and Typography I
- Drawing and Painting the Head and Hands
- Lettering and Typography II
- Typography into Graphic Design
- Writing in the Visual Arts
- Graphic Design I
- Graphic Design II
- Intermediate/Advance Creative Photography
- Traditional Illustration
- Digital Illustration
- Assisted Graphics
- Design for Interactive Art
Honors & Awards
Cypress College Student Art Exhibition
3rd place – Advertising/Graphic Design
Employee of the Month
Friar Tux Shop
First Graphic Designer in Friar Tux Shop company’s history to have created, designed and published a 32 page magazine in-house for a marketing campaign, known as “The Stylist”; having her come in on weekends when she was sick just to make sure it got done to perfection and only to have been working in the company for 6 months. She handles multiple projects at the same time and comes up with new, creative ideas all the time. Her work is seen on the company website, stores and all marketing places of the company.
Core Values in Action
Friar Tux Shop
Nominated by the President of Friar Tux Shop: Demonstrated “Teamwork” when a design project had gone awry.
Volunteer Experience & Causes
VP of Branding / Graphic Designer
JesusWalk Youth Conference
October 2012 – July 2013(9 months)
• Overseeing different subcommittees: website, videography, photography and stage design. • Creating graphics to support the yearly themes. • Maintaining the branding presence of JesusWalk & building its presence within the youth community. • Responsible for any other misc. requests from other committees.
Traditional & Digital Photo Retoucher for Olay
•Edited Olay Models before and after photos on the set during the shoot. •Edited skin blemishes on models. •Removing unwanted obstructions in certain types of images. •Repair dust spots on images.