- Senior Software Engineer at Throtl.com
- Senior Software Engineer Team Lead at Airspace Technologies
Texas State University-San Marcos, BS, Computer Science
June 2017 – Present(2 years 4 months)Greater San Diego Area
Mentor – Applications Architect – Devops / Monitoring – TDD Evangelist – Mentoring – Agile Coach Ruby/Rails – Mysql – Postgresql – Docker – Python Fabric – React Software Architect – Team Lead – Full-stack developer/designer – DevOps / CI / CD Architect and Developer * Designed/Implemented deployment automation, reducing deployment time to 5 minutes from 2 hours. Fabric / Python * Designed/Implemented Docker environment for application for use on developer-workstation, CI-server, and Production, eliminating platform-dependency discrepancies and providing verifiable build output. * Presented technology introduction sessions to team and department leaders on Docker, Docker Swarm, React.js, Vue.js, leading to a wider division-level discussion on the use of Docker in the software lifecycle. * Refactored Rails app test environment, reducing CI test time by 30% and providing repeatable all-pass test runs of 1400 system tests.
February 2016 – January 2019(2 years 11 months)Greater San Diego Area
Throtl.com – Modified Car Enthusiasts Marketplace With over 50,000 members, users go to Throtl.com every day to buy and sell custom parts for their performance automotive projects Responsibilities ● Design and implement back-end scanner that reads over 1000 web sites for new buy/sell listings every 10 minutes. ● Implement elasticsearch indexing of listings for improved search performance and search terms handling. ● Implement optimization updates to code and infrastructure to allow website and scanner to perform at-scale.
April 2016 – January 2017(9 months)Carlsbad, California
Team lead to 8 developers. Architect and lead implementation of major features to automated package routing, package tracking, and operations monitoring. Responsibilities ● Team lead to 8 developer team, including remote-located members. Provided onboarding to 7 Sr. Developers. ● Implemented automated routing system, including search across airline scheduling database for candidate flights per shipment, including ETL for ingest of 10MM flight records into searchable indexed tables. ● Implemented integrtion of distributed sensor to provide real-time location updates of package location – AirTrace ● Architected, Designed, and Implemented changes to multiple-application system for at-scale operations from prototype implementation ● Devops : Migrated 3 production applications + db from AWS Opsworks/ElasticBeanstalk/RDS into Heroku stack + Postgresql ● Implemented continuous integration + static code analysis to assist management of deployment pipeline. ● Implemented continouous-deployment strategy to development and testing services on Heroku stack ● Defined hardware requirements for next-generation location sensor – AirTrace ● Provided Project-Management duties for team, including regular meeting with Business Liason for agile task prioritization
Supported software implementation for Live Community features and production deployments
October 2015 – November 2015(1 month)Remote for BlueRocket, Inc.
● Analyzed and Developed solutions for web UI, data import and API client projects using Ruby and RubyOnRails. ● Assisted in monitoring and maintenance of Heroku based server deployments and configurations including Heroku AddOns.
● Analyzed and Developed solutions for MyRoundPro.com website and API ● Maintained and enhanced internal web-based golf course metadata editor and data importer ● Assisted in monitoring and maintenance of AmazonWebService based server deployments and configurations.
● Implemented features, refactoring, and fixes to Python + QT desktop administration application, including QT messaging using Signal/Slot mechanism for long-running processes. ● Recommended, designed, implemented REST API application with Python / WSGI, using CouchDB database and RabbitMQ/AMQP messaging for long-running processes. ● Mentor internship students on construction of AngularJS application using Twitter Bootstrap templates, including automated testing with Karma/Sinon/Chai. ● Implemented AngularJS + Twitter Bootstrap application for administration of data-analysis application. ● Updated Python Fabric server-deployment tool for maintenance of Redhat 6.5 target servers. ● Refactored Python custom-build tool from Bash to Python to facilitate update and maintenance of custom Python builds.
– Architect, Design, Implement, Maintain production administrative webservices with Ruby/Rails using MySql,SqlServer rdbms. – Mentor team in use of Test-first development, continuous-integration, pair-programming. – Implement migration of VCS from Subversion to GIT – Mentor new developers on learning of Ruby/Rails and developer environment tools (GIt, VIM, T-SQL)
Provide detailed analysis of Microsoft Silverlight, ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails, Perl/Catalyst capabilities and features Mentor 2 developers in self-study of Ruby language and Rails framework Mentor 2 developers in agile short-iteration process and procedures and theory Implement Rspec based Behaviour-Driven Development and mentor developers in its use
Implement test-driven development support utilities and software framework in PERL for testing Catalyst webserver Implement software solutions for REST web services requirements in PERL for Catalyst webserver Email-sending module, incorporating requirements of IETF RFC 822 “Standard for ARPA Internet Text Messages”
Implement test-driven design of Excel Upload to data warehoust staging tables and implement staging-to-cube loading process for uploaded data Perform modification of daily data warehouse loading process according to new process requirements and business rules. Modifications include refactoring all steps of load process to allow automated repeatable loading of the data warehouse cube data Document technology changes for various levels of understanding including business logic design, datawarehouse implementation, system configuration, end-user documentation
Led application creation, design, implementation, deployment, continued maintenance and modification of corporate-wide business applications for Sales, Purchasing, Accounting, and Field Construction departments at Lakewood Homes, Inc. Desktop application solutions for Windows clients using Visual Basic, C# 2005, MS Access and SQL Server Web-based customer service portal using Ruby on Rails, SQL Server. Corporate-wide data storage using SQL Server, including multi-database synchronization using T-SQL procedures, SQL Server DTS, Ruby on Rails
Developed web-based Airline business analysis application using J2EE/JBoss architecture Led organization of team development using CVS and branched check-in/merge Implemented, deployed, and maintained desktop application for International Rate Services tracking using Visual Basic, SQL Server
Implemented and deployed Oilfield Maintenance Scheduling application using Visual Basic, Oracle, PL/SQL
Visual Basic / Sql Server development of CRM for Sales Teams
Developed CRM/Sales application for sale/distribution to client corporations. Worked in team environment to build Visual Basic, Access 2000, SQL Server desktop/distributed application Designed SQL Server database implementation and multi-database synchronization using T-SQL procedures and Visual Basic Deployed application instances to client customers at field locations Provided customer service and help desk assistance to client customers
Developed user interface and machinery automation for fabrication machinery in computer-chip fabrication plants Worked in team environment to define API requirements, factory operations requirements, and end-user needs for each automation system Ported unix-based C++ automation framework to Linux (Slakware) Deployed completed applications to factory workstations, including installation of all required networking, hardware, and factor machinery interface connections Provided end-user support for start-up and initial training of each installation
BS, Computer Science
1993 – 1995
Mounds View HS
Skills & Expertise
- Web Services
- Web Applications
- Test Driven Development
- Ruby on Rails
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Docker Products
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Agile Methodologies
- Software Development
- .NET Framework
January 2004 – Present