- Software Engineer at NeuLion
- Scrum Master at Verimatrix
University of California San Diego, BA, Interdisciplinary in Computing and the Arts, with minor in Computer Science & Engineering
– Develop internal tools to create interview and calculation content for TurboTax Products. – Lead the development of a new React module and its backend service in SpringBoot which replaced 2 core internal legacy tools. – Collaborate with members from the content team in identifying pain points and improving user experience for the tools. – Help gather product requirements and identify gaps in an agile environment – Write unit tests
– Developing new user-facing features using React & React Native for Consumer Electronic devices. – Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use. – Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code. – Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers – Troubleshoot browser compatibility issues and resolutions. – Collaborate with Content Producers, Back End Web Developers, other Front-End Developers, and Designers to accomplish all technical requirements of the product.
– Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating – Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution – Assist with internal communication, improving transparency, and radiating information – Support the product owner in grooming and managing the product backlog – Coordinate internal and external resources as needed – Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning and retrospectives, with a focus on continuous improvement – Removes any impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint goals (internal to the team as well as external, dealing with all cross functional teams as appropriate) – Help achieve potentially shippable product increment at the end of the sprint – Drive process improvements toward consistent delivery of working product. – Ensure tactical plans are communicated to main stakeholders including relevant cross-functional teams.
– Individualization Interface (REST) in Apache CXF, 1-way TLS authentication with Java keystore file(s). – Federated Rights Management interfaces (REST) with Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Camel and Google Protocol Buffers. – Prototype update server with Apache Http Server with mutual authentication and support production set up. – User Management Interface features in Apache Axis2 (SOAP). – Other support tasks as assigned, in coordination with other departments.
December 2013 – April 2015(1 year 4 months)Greater San Diego Area
– Write an extensive amount of REST and SOAP web clients in Java that interacted with 3rd party APIs, including Facebook, Twitter. Nielsen, Adobe SiteCatalyst etc with back-off policies for data collection – ETL scripts that stored incoming data into the proprietary database storage.
April 2012 – October 2013(1 year 6 months)San Diego
Write and maintain the cross platform visualization tool Mugic for the CalVR virtual reality framework, assist in project presentation
2010 – 2010Greater San Diego Area
Co-writer of the ImagePlot Macro language for massive data visualization, assist in gallery exhibition of works produced by ImagePlot
BA, Interdisciplinary in Computing and the Arts, with minor in Computer Science & Engineering
2007 – 2011
Native or bilingual proficiency
Native or bilingual proficiency
Skills & Expertise
- Third Party Integration
- RESTful WebServices
- Apache CXF
- Continuous Integration
- Shell Scripting
- Agile Methodologies
- Software Development
Professional Scrum Master I
Certified SAFe Agilist
Scaled Agile, Inc., License 41343646-1308
June 2016 – June 2017
Certified SAFe Practitioner
Scaled Agile, Inc., License 83510516-0089
September 2016 – September 2017