Monica Villegas Medrano, MBA
- Senior Software Engineer at Medrano Digital Consulting
- San Diego, California, United StatesOnline Media
- Software Engineer at Mirum Agency
- Software Engineer II – (Contractor) at ACTIVE Network
The University of Texas at El Paso, MBA, Finance
– Led a team through a responsive redesign and development of enterprise level website. Integrated and worked with 3rd party REST & SOAP Api’s. – Created endpoint services (including authentication using OAuth) and API’s for iOS app development. – Integrated Stripe payment using their API. – Wrote migration script to migrate content from ExpressionEngine to Drupal. – Improved site performance through cache optimizations. – Supported the business analyst team by creating process, workflow and business requirement documents for clients.
September 2013 – December 2013(3 months)Greater San Diego Area
4 month contract – Designed and developed a php/sql/filemaker/adbook integrated system to track and monitor credits given and applied to clients of Active Network. Developed solutions to existing bugs in system.
• Integrated current gift card redemption with Wal-Mart gift card authorization and redeeming system. • Participated in code reviews, daily stand-up meetings and managed all projects in JIRA. • Expanded and developed different areas of Skinit.com and back-end tools for management.
September 2009 – June 2012(2 years 9 months)El Paso, Texas Area
• Administered and developed the student At-Risk Mentoring System (ARMS) Software that was a key factor in qualifying school district for the national Broad Prize Award. • Design, developed and created software for teachers to create, share and edit lesson plans according to state standards. This system replaced an antiquated system that was costing the district $500,000/year. • Created software that allowed all schools and the district to create an improvement plan with budgeted state and federal money in order to meet auditor requirements. • Responsible for backing up and administering all state and federal databases. • Provided training to 200+ teachers at a time • Provided support on district software for 3000 teachers, 45 schools, 100 administrators
December 2007 – September 2009(1 year 9 months)El Paso, Texas Area
• Created website and online customer portal. Customers were able to view maintenance schedules and all work completed on their forklifts and docks. • Managed the work schedule for 5 technicians. • Worked directly with vendors and negotiated service agreements and rate contracts. • Installed, setup and managed QuickBooks Accounting software for the entire company.
June 2006 – August 2007(1 year 2 months)El Paso, Texas Area
• Designed and developed financial aid portlet for school and book loans in student portal. • Administered and supported applications to 30,000+ students and 3,000+ employees. • Worked with compliance department to monitor online state mandated compliance training. • Wrote SQL stored procedures.
• Implemented Commissioners Court online video stream. • Designed and developed the new epcounty.com wrote all CSS templates and html that are still currently being used. • Supported website applications to 500+ employees and constituents. • Assisted in live online forums with County Court Commissioners.
July 2002 – January 2005(2 years 6 months)El Paso, Texas Area
• Supported Oracle Financials system and processes. Including Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Purchasing, and Fixed Assets. • Design and implement custom financial reports for internal and client use. • Evaluated and reviewed Vendor Proposals and gave recommendations. • Maintained and worked on the development of Several Oracle Enterprise Databases and application servers (8i version). These machines ran all the financials for the local Texas Workforce Commission branches, including all contractors and grant administrators. • Project managed upgrade for both Oracle services in conjunction along with consultants.
2010 – 2012
Capital Budgeting – Economic Project Analysis International Finance
Activities and Societies
Kappa Delta Chi
Fundacion Ortega-Maranon (Madrid, Spain)
(Studies Abroad) Current Issues in Finance, International Finance
2011 – 2011
Meetings & Guest Lectures at: La Bolsa – (Spanish Stock Exchange) Treasury of Spain Santander Telefonica Guest Lecture from Spain’s Minister of Labor – Mr. Celestino Corbacho Chaves
BS, Major in Biology Minor in Chemistry
2006 – 2009
1999 – 2005
Skills & Expertise
- Business Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Mobile Applications
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Web Development
- Customer Service
- Capital Budgeting
- Process Improvement
- Project Planning
- Social Media
- Oracle Financials
- Ext JS
- Software Development
Preventing Workplace Harassment
Drupal 8 Developer
The University of Texas at El Paso
- International Finance
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
- Capital Budgeting – Economic Investment Analysis
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Boys and Girls Club
December 2010 – August 2012(1 year 8 months)Children
Causes Monica Villegas cares about:
- Civil Rights and Social Action
- Human Rights