- Jr. Software Engineer at Zeeto Group
- Software Developer Internship at 7CTOs
LEARN Academy, Web Developer, Full Stack Ruby on Rails with React
– Built full-stack features into a Drupal 8 + Serverless AWS application. – Redesigned the infrastructure and deploy process to pursue CD. – Leveraged AWS ECS, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Load Balancers, and CodeBuild to host containerized Drupal applications. – Orchestrated the infrastructure in Ansible – Reduced deploy times 2 hours to 20 minutes – Decreased infrastructure costs by 40%. – Mob programming.
– Developed a one-on-one chat interface into an existing React Native app with a Ruby/Rails backend API that allows users of the 7’s app to communicate directly. – Expanded the chat interface to support interest-based chats as well as group chats from backend to mobile UI.
January 2017 – January 2018(1 year)Greater San Diego Area
Biospyder provides RNA sequencing kits and services. • Trained employees in both Database and Manufacturing Operations. • Scaled Database size by 100%. • Initiated development of two flagship products.
June 2015 – December 2016(1 year 6 months)Carlsbad, CA
• Designed a MySQL oligonucleotide inventory database for product development, record tracking, and custom requests. • Self-taught using Stanford Lagunita DB Series • Developed automated (Biomek Fx) oligonucleotide pooling and PCR plate manufacturing processes with QC checks. • Delivered products for EPA grant deadlines. • Completed development of three flagship products and numerous custom pools.
I provided Personal Training and Massage Therapy services to the San Diego region. • Managed a 25+ cliente network with a main hub at Nakoa Fitness and Physical Therapy. • Exercise programming and Manual Therapy techniques designed to target client goals including weight loss, pain management, athletic performance.
Herzan develops and manufactures products and services focused around Vibration Isolation, Acoustic Isolation, and Electromagnetic Isolation for high performance research equipment. • Reduced costs by 39.4% and increased margins by 22.3% • Managed a Hardware developer and C#/.NET Software Developer. • Completed a hardware redesign, logo rebranding, and case design on a small budget. • Performed Site Surveys for Electron Microscope and MRI installations. • Wrote the User Manual
• Analyzed vibration, acoustic, and electromagnetic data to determine product performance. • Standardized templates for logging test data and reporting results to increase reporting efficiency and quality.
Web Developer, Full Stack Ruby on Rails with React
2018 – 2018
At Learn Academy we spent 12 weeks in the classroom full-time developing the skills necessary to become proficient Web Developers.
Bachelor’s Degree, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
2008 – 2012
Spent a large portion of my time pursuing endeavors on the Track, but was very dedicated to my studies as well. Competed in the Decathlon for 2 years and High Jump for 4 years. Golden Eagle Award recipient in 2012 for academic excellence in a sport. In 2012 the Men’s Track Team won the first ever Conference Team Title in UCSB history.
Activities and Societies
NCAA Division 1 Track and Field 2008-2012, Team Captain 2011-2012
Santa Barbara Body Therapy Institute
Certified Massage Therapist, Massage Therapy/Therapeutic Massage
2013 – 2013
620 Hours January 1st – July 1st In college I suffered from a number of recurring athletic injuries. Multiple Hamstring pulls, herniated L5-S1 disk. Manual therapy was integral in leading to pain free competition and enhanced success in my Junior and Senior years of college.
Dana Hills High School
High School Diploma, General Studies
2004 – 2008
Track Events: High Jump, 4 years High Hurdles and Intermediate Hurdles, 2 years
Activities and Societies
Cross Country 2004-2005, Water polo 2006, Track and Field 2004-2008 Team Captain 2008
Skills & Expertise
- Pain Management
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Object-Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Microsoft Excel
- Public Speaking
- Web Development
- Microsoft Office
- Pair Programming
- Drupal 8
- Web Services
- Web Applications
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Ruby on Rails
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Microsoft Word
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Serverless Computing
- Web Design
Grow with Google Challenge Scholarship
January 2018 – April 2018
Honors & Awards
Golden Eagle Award
Award given to Athletes for Academic and Athletic Excellence in a particular sport. http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/information/golden_eagle/index
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Causes Mike cares about:
- Arts and Culture
- Science and Technology