- Software Engineer at Decision Sciences International Corporation
- San Diego, California, United StatesComputer Software
- Junior Software Engineer at PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc.
- Electronics Assembler at Feeney Wireless
University of Oregon, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer and Information Sciences, General
– Design and program UI of an application that manages the execution of a system that detects materials in cargo using 3D visualization. Project is in C++ and uses Qt. – Field feature requests and bug reports, determine best way forward, and implement solutions. – Redesigned and refactored UI of an application initially meant for simple demos. Worked with stakeholders to determine customer needs, created wireframes, and implemented features iteratively with frequent feedback to ensure requirements were fulfilled Added data synchronization improvements to server architecture that allowed multiple users to be logged in to the same server application.
December 2014 – March 2017(2 years 3 months)Camas, WA
– Contributed to a small team developing a suite of radio simulation desktop applications. – Led UI design overhaul of older application using C++, Qt, and QML. Arranged meetings and implemented designs using input from team, customers, and subject matter experts. – Implemented voice recognition features that allowed users to control aspects of a simulation with voice commands. Studied user speech habits to optimize the recognition of phrases. – Other concepts used include debugging, client-server architecture, inter-process communication, multi-threading, audio manipulation, and installer creation.
At Feeney Wireless I contributed to a team to assemble and program wireless routers and modems used for machine to machine communication. I created efficient ways to assemble large amounts of devices and configured completed devices according to customer specifications.
At Camp Namanu I worked as a supervisor and leader for the high school aged unit of the resident summer camp. Duties included choosing counselors to work with, providing support to counselors for any issues that came up, organizing and taking care of the unit spaces (Cabins, lodges, bathrooms, kitchen areas, etc.), collaborating with counselors to create extensive schedules for the week, coordinating and creating activities, teaching outdoor skills like fire building and wood chopping, attending regular unit director meetings, and providing feedback to counselors through written evaluations.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer and Information Sciences, General
2010 – 2014
Minors in Business and Music. Member of multiple groups within the University of Oregon Athletic Bands including four years in the Oregon Marching Band and one year in the Oregon Basketball Band. Drummer for the Yellow Garter Band scholarship sub-group of the Oregon Marching Band for one year.
Activities and Societies
Yellow Garter Band, Oregon Marching Band, Oregon Basketball Band
Skills & Expertise
- Product Design
- Software Design
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- User Interface Programming
- Visual Studio
- Object Oriented Design
- Desktop Application Development
- Program Management
- Team Building
- User Interface Design
- Software Development