- Staff Software Test Engineer at Fitbit
- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Fitbit
University of California, Irvine, B.S., Environmental Engineering
April 2004 – September 2016(12 years 5 months)San Diego, California
– Secure Processing System with IC Dedicated Software Project: • Responsible for suite of firmware security tests. • Utilized sniffers to obtain traces enabling development engineers to pinpoint the root cause of defects, thus shortening the amount of time it took for them to debug the issue and release a fix – NFC chip firmware test lead: • Managed both onsite and international test teams to ensure around-the-clock test coverage that resulted in shortened test cycles. • Created and maintained current measurement module for low power testing of NFC chip proprietary standby mode. • Implemented interoperability testing with commercial NFC tags/cards, ensuring that the card activated correctly. • Familiarity with EMVCo certification test suites with ASIC and Android platforms. – Bluetooth software test lead: • Managed a team of 8 engineers who delivered the most widely released Bluetooth software package for Windows PCs. OEM customers included HP, IBM/Lenovo, and Dell. • Wrote and maintained coexistence test suite that improved the performance of Broadcom’s Bluetooth/Wifi SoC. Coexistence testing occurred in the field as well as in an RF chamber to characterize combo chip performance before entering the market resulting in higher end-user satisfaction. • Attended several Bluetooth SIG UnPlugFest IOP events to test and debug our product with other companies to ensure better interoperability in the field. This required quick debugging with the development team as well as thorough knowledge of the Bluetooth specification in order to work efficiently to retest issues only days later during the conference. • Designed and maintained test plans for testing the Windows GUI and software stack including, but not limited to, the following profiles: HCI, L2CAP, SDP, RFCOMM, OPP, HCRP, HID, HDP, HSP (SCO/eSCO), AVRCP, AV, DUN, PAN, FTP, and BPP. • Familiarity with Bluetooth Low Energy specification.
• Reviewed marketing and development requirements and created test plans for Bluetooth Software for Windows product. • Key member of the test team that gained the first ever Bluetooth certification in the world. • Generated test scripts and automation suites using Insight, Perl, X10 Home Control and Pencom Relay boxes. • Trained new hires to write test scripts using in house tools for testing WIDCOMM’s Bluetooth stack. This involved writing scripts in our test environment to cover all functional areas of a profile/layer. • Worked closely with engineering development to define test suite and to debug issues found during test execution by analyzing log files using debugview and BTSpylite. • Used Norton Ghost to image OEM test machines to enable retesting of the same configuration from scratch multiple times.
• Controlled testing effort for health application software for U.S. military medics in the field.
Black box testing for email phone and CDPD project.
B.S., Environmental Engineering
1992 – 1997
Activities and Societies
alpha Kappa Delta Phi
Sacred Hearts Academy
Skills & Expertise
- Device Drivers
- Embedded Software
- Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC)
- Embedded Systems
- System on a Chip (SoC)
- PCB design
- Mixed Signal
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Girl Scouts San Diego
Boy Scouts of America