- Full-Stack Developer at La Jolla Institute for Immunology
- San Diego, California, United StatesBiotechnology
- Software Engineer at Optokey
- Technical Support Intern at apeiron.io
University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor’s Degree, (BS) Biochemistry, specialization in Computing
October 2018 – Present(1 year)Greater San Diego Area
August 2015 – July 2016(11 months)UCLA Pharmacology
• Working to improve synthesis methods and develop new PET tracers used in PET scans. • Methods include development of more efficient synthetic pathways to label radiopharmaceutical molecules for cancer diagnostics; Developing electrochemical regioselective synthesis techniques and platforms for direct nucleophilic [18F] fluorination; Electrochemically assisted solvent exchange and automated flow-through synthesizers. • Performed experiments using radioactive Fluroine-18 (18F) and analyzed chemical products using HPLC, Mass spectroscopy, and UV spectroscopy.
August 2015 – June 2016(10 months)
• Research in developing lens-less microscopy using LED light and holographic imaging techniques in order to collect and analyze bovine sperm cells, funded by Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI). • Responsibilities include preparation of bovine sperm cells using cell centrifugation technique, capturing live sperm image data, and utilization of MATLAB software to test and develop 3D reconstruction algorithm. • Publication: Label-free 3D computational imaging of spermatozoon locomotion, head spin and flagellum beating over a large volume (Light: Science & Application, Aug 16, 2017)
July 2015 – March 2016(8 months)UCLA
• Built a mobile iOS application called UHealth for Dr. Nirav Kamdar and the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine and Ronald Reagan Medical Center – main function is to collect pre/post op patient data. • Responsible for the app’s prototype development (both front- and backend) using Swift Programming language and AWS. • Award: Won $4,375 funding in Ronald Reagan Shark Tank Event competition.
October 2014 – June 2015(8 months)
• Prepare PLGA scaffolds and culture stem cells necessary for biological experiments. • Primary research areas in the Lee group are to design and fabricate biomimetic polymer systems for tissue regeneration and drug delivery applications.
January 2014 – June 2015(1 year 5 months)
June 2014 – August 2014(2 months)
• Synthesized nanoparticles such CdSe/ZnS nanoclusters, Silver nanoprisms, and magnetic particles. • Learned about nanotechnology and its applications in biology and healthcare.
• Researcher and Translator at the Global M&A (Merger & Acquisition) Center at KOTRA HQ • Provided data of specific Italian Pharmaceutical companies and the types of products they sold that were interested in expanding their markets internationally, specifically to the Korean market. • Utilized Microsoft Office/Excel and online M&A sources such as DowJones.com.
Bachelor’s Degree, (BS) Biochemistry, specialization in Computing
2012 – 2016
South Eugene High School
International Baccalaureate Diploma
2008 – 2012
Native or bilingual proficiency
Professional working proficiency
Limited working proficiency
Label-free 3D computational imaging of spermatozoon locomotion, head spin and flagellum beating over a large volume
Light: Science & Application
Skills & Expertise
- Laboratory Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- iOS Development
- Ruby on Rails
- Social Media
- Microsoft Word