- Software Engineering Manager at Deluxe Entertainment Services Group
- Chula Vista, California, United StatesInformation Technology and Services
- Senior Software Engineer at Gap Intelligence
- Software Engineer at Amco (IES)
November 2017 – Present(1 year 11 months)Greater San Diego Area
• Conduct daily Scrum calls with remote team in Belarus. • Drove major stability and performance improvements towards Deluxe’s asset management system. • Provide technical review of stories with Project Manager and Product Owners to ensure realistic expectations can be met for 2-week sprint cycles.
June 2014 – Present(5 years 4 months)Greater San Diego Area
• 96% faster page load (1,100ms vs 28,900ms) on an asset management page heavily used by operators in day to day operations. • 56% faster page load (2,000ms vs 4,500ms) on main asset page load • Rewrote portions of the application with React.
• Architected and implemented a data structure for Gap Intelligence API. • Implemented and expanded test coverage to 100% of application using Minitest, Guard and SimpleCov. • Retroactively imported all of Gap Intelligence’s legacy data (previously in Excel spreadsheets) into a relational database in Postgres, using Sidekiq for batch background processing and progress tracking. • Wrote Ruby scripts with Mechanize and Nokogiri to crawl and scrape data from manufacturer websites. • Set up continuous integration servers on AWS with Jenkins.
• Developed an online test taking solution in partnership with San Diego State University, used to assess student proficiency of English in over 200 schools from five countries. • Worked with a large team utilizing agile development methodologies such as sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, test / behavior driven development and continuous integration. • Supported legacy PHP and Rails applications for Amco’s day-to-day core business functionality including payments, customer relations management and purchasing models.
Lead front end developer responsible for creating and maintaining 100+ daily deal affiliate websites, later responsible for streamlining the process of creating a deal site template package.
Contract position improving Quantum Learning Network’s various sites for their primary product Supercamp, an academic summer camp. Duties included maintenance of existing registration and other forms with ASP.net web forms, and improving client and server side validation for their payment methods.
Maintained a shopping cart product developed in VB.NET.
Skills & Expertise
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- HTML 5
- Web Development
- Ruby on Rails
- Continuous Integration
- Agile Methodologies
- User Experience
- Software Development