- Senior Web Developer at La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology
- Consulting System Administrator at VisionTree
University of Vermont, BSc, Computer Science, Mathematics, Comparative Religion
October 2016 – Present(3 years)San Diego, CA
– Add import functionality and fixes to open source GIS projects django-osgeo-importer, eventkit-cloud. – Develop new features with tests and refactor existing Django code. – Work with Amazon EC2 for test and demo systems. – Setup, configure, and debug Celery server & tasks. – Work heavily with Docker as part of development process. – Coordinate changes with other project stakeholders.
May 2016 – Present(3 years 5 months)Greater San Diego Area
– Develop Mandarin voice-recognition learning tool. – Trial scikit-learn machine learning methods. – Create custom machine learning algorithm. – Source significant number of native Mandarin recordings. – Develop client and back end web interface to model produced by machine learning system. – Work with iOS developer to create mobile front end to system
May 2015 – May 2016(1 year)La Jolla, CA
My responsibilities include: – Parallelizing CPU-Intensive predictive DNA analysis tools with a Django interface across a server cluster using Celery. – Packaging services with Docker to allow simple, automated, versioned deployments. – Establishing industry-current development & deployment processes. – Establishing automated regression tests for preexisting untested code.
Migrating hardware servers to cloud-based servers. Replacing single server instances with high-availability clusters. Expand infrastructure monitoring so problems are communicated to tech team and fixed before customers notice.
Guide 5-person development team and contribute to development with skills in Python/Django, Linux system administration, PostgreSQL, DB design, RESTful APIs, and front-end browser development.
Develop and maintain server monitoring / reporting and issue tracking software for the thousands of Linux servers CNC manages. Software includes web-based applications, process management, notification & communication, and server utility software written in PHP, Python, SQL, BASH
Develop Django applications supporting Reya’s consulting practice targeted at aligning organizational culture with employee values. Assist researchers in creating analytical methods and indexes for value and culture data.
Develop software and administer Linux server systems. Projects include developing language learning software, migrating online content management system Drupal, and the conception and initial design of advanced spam protection software. Primary focus of development is C++.
Private students and training schools. China. Assist all levels of English speakers to develop their English skills. Instruction includes one-on-one tutoring as well as small groups and classrooms.
Design and develop custom office automation software in a Windows based environment. Primary focus of development was Access database applications and system components.
Design and develop software and database systems in VB.Net, VBA, and MS Access for manufacturing efficiency monitoring. Primary language used for development was VB.Net.
Perform telephone troubleshooting and technical support for networking hardware, primarily routers.
Install enterprise software. Support staff and students’ hardware and software needs. Administer PCs, Servers, and LAN in lab and throughout school.
Design and develop software, reports, and database components for diagnostic medical software using VB, SQL, ASP, and Crystal Reports. Document and assist in design of SQL Server database.
BSc, Computer Science, Mathematics, Comparative Religion
1997 – 2001
Graduated Summa cum Laude
An overview of projects I’ve been the lead or primary contributor for.
Skills & Expertise
- Visual Basic
- Linux server administration
- Software Design
- Object Oriented Design
- Web Applications
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Software Engineering
- Software Development
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
August 2015 – May 2016(9 months)Children